Sunday, May 10, 2015

What if.

What if I never sleep?  What if my days are forever filled with writings of sad poems and heart break? Getting emotions out on paper to be shared secretly. If I never sleep I will never see the sun burn my eyes as they try to stay shut. Never wanting to open because seeing can hurt too much. Stuck in the same mind frame as yesterday. If I sleep forever, I will dream of flying. I would fly so high, that stars would become my skin tone. That the milky way would be my bed and the planets would be my forever form of entertainment. If I sleep and never wake I will never hear the I can't or I won't. The I'm not good enoughs or I'm not as good as. Pillows as soft as clouds and blankets caressing every curve. To keep my eyes close and be blind to my own pain and falsely believe in future hope.

If I never sleep I would become a walking zombie feeding on tears and soft blankets. If I never wake I will be free.

P.A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment